keskiviikko 16. elokuuta 2017

Back to school!

Last weekend was the last weekend of our holiday. Dinner with friends and a few rides at this funfair were our way to end the holiday and prepare for school. Saimi started her second grade on Monday! It was weird to spend a few hours on my own. We've been such a tight package with Saimi for so long, that I didn't really know what to do with all that time. So, I just sat on a bench in a park under a tree and just watched people. Luckily I got company, another mom sat down with me and we spent the two hours chatting about everything while waiting our second graders to finish their first day. It was also weird to stand outside the school gates. Usually I'm one of the "insiders", knowing about all the practical things inside the school, but now I have to get used to being "only" a parent, the same as everyone else.


I have no idea what this fish is and whether it is edible, but it looks that it would be easy to catch them!
The weather has been quite the same for these two weeks that we've been here, but we have experienced some small variations. One day it was so windy that the curtains were flying high and dropping Saimi's toys to the floor from her nightstand. She asked if we had any clothespins, and this is what she did with them. Resourceful!
Yesterday it was very cloudy and maybe a few degrees cooler than usually. After I got Saimi to school, I walked to the center. Next week I'll start working, and I really hope that there will be more of these cloudy days, so that it's a bit more comfortable to walk to work! Today I started to look for a moped. That's probably the most convenient mode of transport here, and would really ease my commuting. Luckily, it's only about 2km, so I'll just walk if necessary. Public buses are quite cheap, but from where we live, they run maybe once in an hour, and because it's the busiest time of year, the schedules seem to be quite flexible, due to the number of tourists using the buses. Nevertheless, I'm excited to start working next week! (I'll tell you more about the job afterwards.) I'm glad that we could arrange so that I only work for 6h a day, now that I haven't yet got any support system for Saimi's mornings. Parents have to take the children (under age 12) to school and pick them up, for security reasons. Still, I'm sure everything will work out, it's only been two weeks... One step at a time! :)

1 kommentti:

  1. Hei skypetetään joku päivä niin kerrot töistä! Mahtava homma!! 😊😊😊

    VastaaPoista

The last day of the year

31 st of July This is the last day of my leap year. Tomorrow I'll officially continue working in Pihtipudas high school, e...