It is like Finnish summer here still! It's so wonderful to be able to enjoy my breakfast on the balcony and just take in the warmth and sun. :) Last week we had the feria holiday from school. Saimi wanted to have a sleep over at her friend's house so I got the chance to go and check out this whole feria thing on my own. It was absurd. People everywhere. Thousands and thousands of people. Women (young and old) were dressed up, wearing these colourful feria dresses, some families on horseback or driving a carriage. Long buildings with these separate open spaces where people were dancing and socializing, horses parked outside, of course. And what's more, like a huge Linnanmäki, built in a few days on the feria area, the rides so absurd and scary that it was pain even to watch them... I showed these photos and videos to Saimi afterwards and she just said, NO, NOT FOR ME. Too crowded for her. There were so many people that if I wanted to get passed, I really had to push myself, and at the same time be very careful to hold my purse close to my body. Not to mention the roads, filled with horse s**t and whatsit.
The crowd, noises and smells were quite intense...
Here in this third video I'm walking down this back street, behind the dance halls. I found it a bit easier to get where I wanted because it wasn't completely crowded.
These looked nice as well, but this time I didn't stay to queue for them...
And whenever I get home, I get home to these.
In the evening they had fireworks in the feria area, and it showed all the way up to our flat. I was standing on the balcony and enjoyed watching the fifteen-minute show. Quite wonderful, that part of the feria. :)
I will write more about what we did on our feria holiday a bit later!








Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti